Dave Beazley's mondo computer blog. [
This fall, I am offering three intense Python courses in Chicago:
Here are some reasons you might want to attend:
- Courses are held in a certifiably "evil" Python programming lair. Aside from some occasional C and assembly hacking, this is where I do all of my Python programming. Want to take a class to go get "certified" in some kind of "enterprise" software or Microsoft Office? Bah. Better look elsewhere. Python is my only focus here.
- Be like a rocket scientist. These are the same Python classes I regularly teach on-site to scientists, engineers, and yes, rocket scientists--who think Python is pretty useful by the way. However, do you have to be an expert to attend? Nope. These courses are for anyone who wants to learn more--including programmers new to Python.
- You'll learn some new tricks for making your code better. Even if you've been programming in Python for awhile, you will learn some new techniques. This is because I spend most of my free time exploring different ways to effectively use Python's various features--often in preparation for future writing projects, PyCon tutorials, or for use in my own coding projects. And after you've mastered everything there is to know about Python, you can move on to mastering the Curta.
- You'll be well fed. These courses aren't held in some sterile hotel or corporate training center. The lair is surrounded by great restaurants, cafes, and bakeries. For instance, you probably don't want to know how many calories are in this picture (from the bakery located immediately below the lair):
- All Python, All Day. You're going to spend several days doing nothing but hacking and talking about Python with people who like Python as much as you do. What's not to like about that?
That is all for now. Hopefully you'll join me for a future course!